What is Silhouette soft?
Silhouette Soft is a relatively new minimally invasive technique with both lifting and regenerating collagen effects. It involves a bidirectional resorbable string/thread with some cones on it called “Silhouette Soft Suture with Cones”. Silhouette Lift is a new advancement in facial rejuvenation techniques with better results, less trauma and no incision to face and neck with acceptable.
Is Silhouette soft safe?
Yes, Silhouette Soft component (poly-l-lactic acid) is entirely reabsorbable and has been used for many years in various medical fields such as cardiology and has developed on the back of six years of experience in the use of Silhouette Lift in reconstructive and aesthetic surgery. Silhouette Soft has been approved by the FDA in the USA and has been cleared for the European Market with CE 0499 Certification.
What does it do?
Silhouette soft causes skin retightening and volume augmentation in any area it is placed. Therefore, the tailor-made procedure Silhouette Soft suture is effective in correcting sagging of skin and tissues and safely and effectively reducing signs of aging.
What are the aims of the treatment?
Silhouette Soft aims are to obtain a volume augmentation and skin tightening in any area the bidirectional Silhouette Soft sutures is placed, therefore, regenerating and repositioning the facial tissues and increase volume of the various facial areas.
How does it work?
Having been successfully performed over 22000 in 55 countries Silhouette Soft is a minimally invasive alternative to facelift with two actions:
1. Immediate lift action with discreet effect.
2. Gradual and natural results through the process of reabsorbtion of the component of Silhouette Soft and regeneration of collagen tissues to restore your lost collagen to give definition to your features and maintaining volume over time. Therefore, Silhouette Soft is a unique treatment combining these two actions in a way never before achieved.
What areas can be treated?
Silhouette Soft can be used on any part of the body but its main use is on:
- Jowls and jaw line
- Cheeks and malar area
How is the procedure performed?
At Fit4Life a plastic surgeon will see you for a free no obligation consultation, examination and marking the area. Then under local anaesthesia Silhouette Soft micro-needle is introduced through a micro incision as an entry point respecting the appropriate orientation of the cones and the Silhouette Soft thread is positioned in place and adjusted. The suspended threads which are not barbed so as not to damage tissues and the reabsorbable cones anchor themselves in deep tissues. the tension produced lifts the sagging tissues and form fibrosis around the suture/thread with stronger suspension mechanism and avoidance of movement, breakage and pain which may occur with barbed products. The whole procedure takes less than an hour in duration and you can get back to your full social life on the same day.
Is it painful?
Silhouette Soft suture is inserted under local anaesthesia and sterile conditions underneath the skin and does not require any surgical incision or stitches.
How long is the recovery?
No, you will be able to leave the clinic and resume your activities as soon as the Silhouette Soft suture is positioned in place. However, depending on your professional duties, we recommend 3 to 4 days of unstrained activities.
Who can have the treatment?
- People with minor facial sagging and early signs of ageing
- Almost all people after the age of early 40s.
- Silhouette Soft is suitable for all skin types.
- Throughout clinical studies, no allergic reaction to Silhouette Soft has been reported therefore there is no need for allergic reaction tests.
- People who want to look younger but do not wish to undergo surgeon’s knife.
- People who wish to have one short session with the cosmetic doctor, under local anaesthesia almost without downtime, serious side-effects and hospitalisation.
How long does it last?
The improvements are immediate and they last up to 18 months. However, it is known that the longevity of any aesthetic results is affected by aging and lifestyles.
Is it compatible with other treatments?
Yes, off course, Silhouette Soft could well be an excellent complementary to other non-surgical cosmetic treatments such as (Botox) and dermal fillers.
What is the after care?
Depending on the area and number of threads which have been used we suggest that:
- You notice that, for example, your cheek shows more volume and are slightly elevated but you must not massage them or any part which has been treated by Silhouette Soft for up to a week.
- You may notice slight redness, swelling and bruising for a few days.
- You can resume your activities but avoid excessive exercise for about five days.
- Sleep on you back for at least three days
- Avoid excessive talking for at least three days
- Avoid excessive smiling for at least three days
- Take your antibiotics as prescribed. You can use paracetamol up to eight tablets (each 500mg) in 24 hours.
- Arnica creams or tablets
What is the cost of the procedure?
We can only give you a rough estimate of Silhouette Soft facelift cost because we need to see you for a free no obligation consultation and give you information to decide if Silhouette Soft is the best option for addressing your cosmetic requirements. We also need to work together on the desired numbers of Silhouette Soft sutures/threads in your case. Our surgeon will quote different prices for using Silhouette Soft in different areas of the face or for other areas of the body for example female breast lift.
|Area to be treated by Silhouette Soft||Number of Silhouette Soft sutures/threads to be used||Total Silhouette Soft Price|
|Outer aspect of eyebrows||One thread on each side||£700|
|Brow lift, both sides||Two threads on each side||£1200|
|Face||Using two threads each side||£1200|
|Face||Using three threads each side||£1600|
|Face||Using four threads each side||£2000|
|Face||Using five threads each side||£2300|
|Upper neck and jowls on both sides of the face
|Using two threads each side||£1000|
|Female breast lift||Using ten sutures/threads||£2500|